The Institutional Review Board: What Is it and Why Should I Care?. LSSU IRB. Faculty Development Day, 8/23/2012. IRB Committee. Ron Hutchins , IRB Chair and Associate Dean of Nursing Kathleen Kalata , School of Mathematics and Computer Sciences *
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
The Institutional Review Board: What Is it and Why Should I Care?
Faculty Development Day, 8/23/2012
405 African American men
impoverished sharecroppers around Tuskegee, AL 1932-72
Tuskegee Syphilis Study
1. Clear description of how participants are recruited
2. Copy of survey, research protocol
3. Clear description of what participants actually do
4. Assessment of risk: benefit ratio
5. Privacy concerns and how they are addressed
6. All elements of informed consent covered in consent form or rationale for not having a consent form
7. Letter of agreement from outside settings when appropriate
8. Justification for any unusual risks or procedures and how the risks are minimized
9. Use the literature related to study, when relevant, to support your procedures