Adding Value to Accommodations Decision-Making (AVAD). 2006 Enhanced Assessment Instruments Grant Project Therese Gleason Carr, South Carolina Department of Education. Today’s Agenda. Overview of AVAD grant and ASES role Overview and screenshots of Accommodation Station
2006 Enhanced Assessment Instruments Grant Project
Therese Gleason Carr,
South Carolina Department of Education
The South Carolina Department of Education received a 2006 Enhanced Assessment Instruments Grant award to undertake the AVAD project.
To ensure the valid, effective use of accommodations designed to increase access to large-scale assessments for English language learners and students with disabilities
1) to validate and enhance the Selection Taxonomy for English Language Learner Accommodations (STELLA) and publish the program on the SDE’s Web site
2) to create and validate a decision-making taxonomy for the Accommodation Station (AS) based on the ASES Accommodations Manual and publish the program on the SDE’s Web site
3) to develop 20 prototypes of computer-based access enhanced science items for grade four, and
4) to disseminate results through reports, the SDE’s Web site, User and Technical Manuals for STELLA and AS, the ASES Professional Development Guide video, and Web-Ex teleconferences
An online decision-making model that helps IEP teams determine which testing accommodations are appropriate for individual students with disabilities
(developed by Jerry Tindal at the University of Oregon)
What does the Accommodation
Station (AS) look like?
Back to Logistics
* Small group of expert project consultants who will serve as core team in developing taxonomy