Ms Sabina Khoza. Farmer Business womanMotherSec Gen NAFU South Africa. Why am I a farmer?Experience as a small scale farmer/producer. Benefits of Biotechnology to small scale farmers. Increase in yieldsBetter utilization of landImproved seedsIncreasing incomeImprove pest control. Better
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Ms Sabina Khoza
NAFU, International Federation of Farmer Producers
Director Fairdeal Training Center
The Impact of Bt maize: a farmers experience
2. Ms Sabina Khoza Farmer
Sec Gen NAFU South Africa
3. Why am I a farmer?
Experience as a small scale farmer/producer
4. Benefits of Biotechnology to small scale farmers Increase in yields
Better utilization of land
Improve pest control
5. Better Utilization of land & Increase income
10. Results of Bt Maize Demonstration plot
15. Benefits of Biotechnology to small scale farmers contd
Reduced handling of hazardous chemicals
16. What can biotechnology offer to small scale farmers Develop faster, safer, more nutritious agricultural products
Controlling pests and diseases that can wipe out entire crops.
17. Concerns Cost of the seed
18. Thank you