Palliative Care. What is Palliative Care?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Rule of Double Effect
“There’s nothing more i can do...”
Working together the palliative care team provides:
- Close communication;
- Expert management of pain and other symptoms;
- Help navigating the healthcare system;
- Guidance with difficult and complex treatment choices;
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family.
The perspective of the patient
1. What conceptually is the difference between killing and letting die?
2. Is killing itself morally wrong, whereas allowing to die is not itself morally wrong?
3. Is forgoing life-sustaining treatment sometimes a form of killing?
Tânia dos Santos