DESCRIPTORS – ISCED 1, 2. Milena Ivšek, Slovenia. 1. Criteria by which a descriptor is chosen and formulated.
Milena Ivšek, Slovenia
1. Understanding the target audience – teachers.
2. The guidelines are the curriculum goals and expected achievements.
3. Students’ abilities (age, grade and medium level of the required knowledge, and not minimum or maximum)
1. Descriptors are not oriented enough towards the development
2. Lack of holistic approach to a special topic in a particular subject (activities as reading, listening, speaking and writing).
3. Semantic competence
b. Are able to select appropriate and effective vocabulary corresponding to the meaning (while producing texts)
c. They are aware that the meaning of the word affects the meaning of the text
b. Students identify the structure of sentence and the correlation between sentences
c. Students identify the features of some/selected texts
b. Students identify the structure of sentence and the correlationbetween sentences and classify and categorize them
c. Students identify the features of selected texts and classify and categorize them
1. Descriptors still lack the in-depth understanding of the reading texts and the critical judgment/evaluation to some extent despite the fact that this is required at all stages, of course, at different levels of interpretation.
2. As for the hierarchical requirements of each descriptor, the more prevailing component is still the quantity rather than the quality.