Advances and Strategies for Agriculture Research in China. Dr. Gong Xifeng Deputy Director General Department of International Coperation Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences. CONTENT. Status of Agriculture in China Research Achievements Challenges Strategy
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Dr. Gong Xifeng
Deputy Director General
Department of International Coperation
Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences
Since the reform and opening-up policy almost 30 years ago, China has achieved favorable balance for supply and demand of agricultural products;
During this process, agricultural science and technology has played a leading role and contributed substantially to rural economic development.
Grain (Million tons)
Meat (Million tons)
Egg (Million tons)
Milk (Million tons)
Farm Income (RMB)
Near400,000 accessions of crop germplasms are collected and conserved in the national Genebank
2. Establish Integrated breeding system for new varieties
China has organized scientists nation-wide to create hybrid rice in 1970’s and Super rice in 1990’s.
cabbage in the world
3. Establishment of technical system for major animal disease control and prevention
5. Efficient utilization of agricultural resources, environment control and ecological restoration
6. Digital agriculture and agricultural information technology
Population increasing and arable land decreasing, plus living standards raising bring an ever-growing pressure on grain supply.
2. National Agricultural Development Objectives are to realize “3S” Strategy for agricultural development:
3. Supporting Policy and Initiatives: