Assessment. David Taylor Liverpool. Assessing knowledge. There are many ways of assessing a student’s knowledge Coursework Essays Multiple choice Matching items others. MCQ vs EMI. These are popular, since they are easy to mark But actually very difficult to write,
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Also known as guessing
boys are taller than girls t/f
Read the statement carefully, and give the best answer for each of the numbered statements
the cardiac action potential
Which of the following characteristics of an axon is most dependent on its diameter?
a.Its resting potential
b.The duration of its refractory period
c.The conduction velocity of its action potential
d.The overshoot of its action potential
e.The activity of its sodium-potassium pump
a b c d e
Match an interval from the ECG tracing below with each of the events listed.
47. Closure of the atrioventricular valve
a b c d e
48. repolarisation of the atria
a b c d e
49. depolarisation of the ventricles
a b c d e
Each of the patients described below has symptoms of urinary urgency, frequency, and dysuria. Each has a midstream urine culture showing fewer than 10* colony-forming units per milliliter. For each of the numbered patients (1-2), select the most likely cause from the list of conditions (A-E).
A. Low -Count bladder bacteriuria
B. Chlamydial Urethritis
C. Urethral instability
D. Urethral diverticulum
E. Bacterial infection
1. A 36-year-old woman with symptoms for 2 years; additional symptoms include postvoid dribbling and dyspareuria.
2. A 20-year-old college student with pyuria and the gradual onset of symptoms over a period of 2-3 weeks. She acquired a new sexual partner one month ago.
For each patient with fatigue, select the most likely diagnosis. Each option can be used once, more than once, or not at all.
1. A 19-year-old woman has hadfatigue, fever, and sore throat for the past week. She has a temperature of 38.3 C(101 F), cervical lymphadenopathy, and splenomegaly. Initial laboratory studies show a leukocyte count of 5000/mm3 (80% lymphocytes, with many lymphocytes exhibiting atypical features). Serum aspartate aminotransferase (AST, GOT) activity is 200 U/L. Serum bilirubin concentration and serum alkaline phosphatase activity are within normal limits.
2. A 15-year-old girl has a two-week history of fatigue and back pain. She has widespread bruising, pallor, and tenderness over the vertebrae and both femurs. Complete blood count shows hemoglobin concentration of 7.0 g/dL, leukocyte countof 2000/mm3, and platelet count of 15,000/mm3.
four essential components: