C1 Review. Ms. Leung. Changing of the Earth’s surface by breaking it down. 2 processes- WEATHERING- the breaking down of the materials of Earth’s crust into smaller pieces. EROSION- the picking up and carrying away the pieces. 2 types of weathering. Physical Weathering Chemical Weathering.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
- water can dissolve minerals right out of the crust.
- Moving water can make pieces of rock bang into each other.
- Small chips can break off the surface of the rock- this causes the rock to get smaller and rounder.
- The churning (harsh movement) of water streams can wear down big pieces of rock into small round pebbles.
- Carbon Dioxide and Sulfur Dioxide in the air react with rain to form acids (eat away limestone rock)