WELCOME. TO OUR CLASS!. GAME!. RULES:. GAME!. 1. Who is he?. 1. It starts with the letter “F”. 1. F irefigh t e r . GAME!. 2. Who looks after your children when you’re away?. 2. let’s match. 2. B abysi s tter. GAME!. 3. Who keeps the record of money paid or received of a company?.
TO OUR CLASS!
1. It starts with the letter “F”.
2. let’s match.
3. From whom you receive your salary?
4. It starts with letter “J”.
. vacancy/ˈveɪ.k ə n t .si/ (n) [ C ] a job that no one is doing and is therefore available for someone new to do.
e.g. There is a vacancy for a shop assistant on Saturdays.
. apply/əˈplaɪ/ (v): to request something.
e.g. We've applied to a charitable organization for a grant for the project.
application (n), applicant (n)
. recommend/ˌrek.əˈmend/ (v) to suggest that someone or something would be good or suitable for a particular job e.g. She has been recommended for promotion.
The headmistress agreed to recommend the teachers' proposals to the school governors.
.jot down phrasal verb: to write something quickly on a piece of paper so that you remember it
e.g. I carry a notebook so that I can jot down any ideas.
.qualify/ˈkwɒl.ɪ.faɪ/ (v): to achieve the necessary skills, etc
e.g. She hopes to qualify (as a lawyer) at the end of the year.
[ + object + to infinitive ]This course qualifies you to teach in any secondary school.
.enthuse /ɪnˈθjuːz/ (v) to express excitement about something or great interest in it
He was enthusing over a wonderful restaurant he'd been to.
enthusiasm /ɪnˈθjuː.zi.æz. ə m/ (n)a
enthusiastic /ɪnˌθjuː.ziˈæs.tɪk/ (adj) showing enthusiasm
You don't seem very enthusiastic about the party - don't you want to go tonight?
Task 1: Read the text and decide whether the following statement are true (T) or false (F):
Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to complete each sentence:
2. When you are at the interview, you should show your ............. to work and your sense of responsibility.
3. I’ve just .................... their phone number before I forget it.
C. jot down
D. ask for
4. Have you interviewed the .............. whose resume we discussed yesterday?
5. I ought to apply for this position. I definitely have the ...............
6. I’m writing to ask if you have a ............. in your marketing department for a salesperson.
7. Applicants who are recent graduates are request to submit two letters of .................. from their university professors.
8. The new employee is a person of high sense of .....................