History Taking In Surgery. Gamal Khairy FRCS,MS College of Medicine KKUH. History taking ? the key step in surgical diagnosis. Varies according to the complain ? specific histories ? surgical specialty. Two types of history in surgical practice:.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Gamal Khairy FRCS,MS
College of Medicine KKUH
? the key step in surgical diagnosis.
? specific histories
? surgical specialty
?specific complaint is pinpointed ? diagnosis
?to assess that the treatment planned correctly indicated and pt is suitable for that operation.
e. Past history ? surgical, medical
f. Drug history
g. Family history
h. Social history
1. GIT: Appetite, Vomiting, Regurgitation, etc.
* Peripheral vessels: Intermittent, claudication, rest pain.
- Severity ? wake him up, need analgesics
Rather than: mild, severe.
- Nature: Buring, stabing, coliky.
- steadily increase till maximum then gradual decline.
- First part ? during taking history ? posture, speech,etc…
- vital signs ? pulse, BP, temp
Ears and Nose