Chapter 7 E-Supply Chains, Collaborative Commerce, and Corporate Portals Class Exercises. Jason Chou-Hong Chen , Ph.D. Professor of MIS Graduate School of Business, Gonzaga University Spokane, WA 99223 USA [email protected]
1. What developments led to Nike’s supply chain being such a challenge to manage?
2. What factors led to the i2 Technologies implementation being a highly complex project? Were the increased complexities really necessary?
3. What was wrong with Nike relying heavily on automatic statistical forecasts generated by the i2 Technologies’ software?
1. Briefly describe the major problems faced by Italian Post.
2. What was nature of the solution provided by document management and workflow management systems?
3. Draw the Italian Post process of document creation, dissemination, and storage outlined at the start of this case. Draw the same process following the introduction of the new technologies. Where are efficiencies being achieved?
4. Explain how the system has improved workflow.
5. In what ways do the new systems improve collaboration among the distributed postal offices?
#7. Enter i2.com and review its products. Explain how some of the products facilitate collaboration.
1. What was the purpose of SYSCO’s ChefEx system? What were the benefits of this system?
2. What was the objective of SYSCO’s RFID system? What were the benefits of this system?