Chapter 16 at a Glance ! . Beijing, Taiwan. 2. End oppression of landlords and govt ; govt. of the people; land reform (take land from wealthy and give to poor) 3. China would be a world power again 4. Constitution, National people’s Congress, elections, democratic , Dictatorship.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Chapter 16 at a Glance!
2. End oppression of landlords and govt; govt. of the people; land reform (take land from wealthy and give to poor)
3. China would be a world power again
4. Constitution, National people’s Congress, elections, democratic , Dictatorship
5. Govt. controls all parts of citizens’ lives; took over to restore order
6. Propaganda (techniques on PP)
**** tries to change peoples’ thinking
“America is the land of the axis of evil”
6(cont.). A book of Mao Zedong’s sayings; people memorized it and thought it had
all of the
7. order, foreign, sufficient, food schools, health
8. HUGE population needed care, war destroyed industry, limited land, natural disasters, behind in technology
9. Govt forced peasants to pool their land, tools and labor; work for the state, share harvest
10. An effort to modernize China, communes, split families, REALLY bad!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlbB3cmgPmo
~ food production fell, people didn’t work hard due to no individual reward
11. class struggle, Red, chaos, Communist
12. 1976; Deng Xiaoping; eased, protesters were killed by the army; economic; political
13. (1) Modernizing agriculture
(2) expanding industry
(3) developing science and technology
(4) upgrading China’s defense forces
14. the economy boomed!
15. 2nd largest economy by 2020 (actually now!)
16. Confucian, propaganda
17 classes, equal, rural, urban
18. Put their faith in young people; wanted kids to criticize their parents, day care, tried to lesson ancestor worship, changed marriage laws, only one child
19. Some parental say but choice
20. population, modernization
21. One-Child Policy
Where is everyone living?
22. Equal rights in all ways – own property, keep name
LOTS of human rights issues
now a member because of making changes
25. China, British
bitter, improved, trade
strained, border, fishing
Taiwan, economic, industrial, military