Formation of plurals. 1. When the noun ends in a vowel add –s. Ex: cas a cas as cuadern o cuadern os escritori o escritori os 2. When the noun ends in a consonant other than –s, add –es. Ex: colo r color es se ño r señor es árbo l árbol es.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. When the noun ends in a consonant other than –s, add –es.
Ex: color colores
Ex: lápiz lápices
4. If a noun ends in –ión or ón, drop the written accent and add –es.
Ex: sillón sillones (si llo nes)
canción canciones (can cio nes)
televisión televisiones (te le vi sio nes)
(They don’t need the written accent because the nouns now follow the accent rule. )
5. Some English nouns can be either singular or plural without changing their spelling.
Ex: elk can be either singular or plural. The only way to know is through context. A few Spanish words work the same way.
Ex: paraguas (umbrella)
sacapuntas (pencil sharpener)
6. There are some nouns that only exist in the singular form, even though they refer to more than one person or object.
Ex: gente (people)
These nouns have to remain in the singular form.
Change the following to the plural form.
7. L form, even though they refer to more than one person or object.ápiz ____________________
8. Baño ____________________
9. Canción ____________________
10. Luz ____________________
11. Mesabanco ____________________
12. Cama ____________________
13. Colegio ____________________
14. Dólar ____________________
15. Ejercicio ____________________
16. Cartel ____________________