Spectacle frame. Faculty Aravind School of Optometry. Spectacle -Definition. An optical appliance. Combination of lens and frame front with extended sides. Holds the lenses in the proper position before the eyes. Frame front. Front : portion that contains lens.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Aravind School of Optometry
An optical appliance.
Temple: attaches to the frame front and hooks over the ears.
Earpiece/ Curl: part of temple lies past the temple bend
Includes Shaft/Shank, Bend, Shield, Dowel Hole, Butt portion.
- first introduced in the late 1940s
- unbreakable, hypoallergenic material.
- used for injection-molded sun glasses and men’s frame styles.
- because of brittleness and other problems, manufacturers switched to blended nylon .
- blended nylon frames are both strong and lightweight.
- a hypoallergenic and light weight material.
- maintains its original shape ,long time.
GoldMetal - Materials
- strong stable material for making nose pad arms, bridges and end pieces.
- the most widely used malleable and corrosion-resistant material.
& adjustment is difficult due to the “springy” characteristics of the material.
- alloy metal comprised of manganese, nickel, iron and chromium.
- popular & lighter than titanium and highly corrosion-resistant.
- used primarily by high-end eyewear designers because of the unique look it creates.
- the most widely used, nonferrous material.
- Pure aluminum is actually soft and weak, but commercial aluminum with small amounts of silicon and iron is hard and strong.
- rigid material that is difficult to adjust.
- lower-cost alternative to titanium eyewear
- resists corrosion and tarnish.
- an excellent choice for wearers who have high skin acidity or spend a good amount of time in or around salt water.
- lightweight, very strong, very flexible (making it easy to adjust glasses)
- available in a wide range of colors used in making temples with other metals.
Cobalt : provides good polish and finish in thin frames and expensive.
Round face - Angular frames
Square face - Round / Oval shape
Long face & Triangle - Deep vertical frame
Inverted triangle designs - Oval / Round diamond faceSuitable frame for different faces
A system based on rectangle formed by the horizontal & vertical lines tangential to the extremes of each lens.
( Frame PD/ Geo.Center) is necessary to determine the blank size.)
Measures between the horizontal inside of the eye wires.
Add 1mm for the groove of the lens.
Measures between the vertical inside of the eye wires
Add 1mm for groove inside of eye wire.
fixing the segment heightLens size measurements
Inaccurate sizes greatly affect the overall cosmetic appearance and comfort ness.
i.e.,50 / 2 = 25 mm
i.e.,25 – 3 = 22 mm,.
(lens size + DBL) – Patient PD
Thank You roundness and give it a more structured, geometric look. Rectangular: smaller frames with a horizontal line tend to emphasize the length of a rectangular face. Bigger, longer frames are more appropriate if you want to make your face appear shorter. Square: if you have a square face, think circles or straight lines. Oval or round glasses will contrast with your face to de-emphasize its squareness. Geometric shapes with straight lines, like squarish, rectangular and triangular glasses will play up your square features. Triangular: if your face is triangular, eyeglasses with pointed angles will bring out the shape of your face more. If it’s a straighter, longer look you are after, you will want to try on some rectangular eyeglasses.