Poetry for GCSE. Approaches to: Anthology Study, Coursework and Unseen Poems. Learning Objectives. Further develop knowledge and understanding of Poetry Anthology teaching at KS4 Use a poetry anthology to identify key teaching points and appropriate methodology
Poetry for GCSE
Approaches to: Anthology Study,
Coursework and Unseen Poems
Poetry constitutes two coursework assignments:
1. Post 1914 Different Cultures (comparative). This is
a crossover piece.
2. Pre 1914 Poetry (comparative). Literature only.
For terminal examination in Literature, WJEC offers an anthology or, if centres choose, an “Unseen Poetry” option. Most centres take the “Unseen” option.
It is divided into two parts:
SEE PPT IN HANDOUT FOR GREAT DETAIL!
What potential issues or benefits are there for teachers who have selected this exam board?
WRITE ABOUT THIS POEM AND ITS EFFECT ON YOU.
You may wish to consider some or all of these points:
* the poem’s content
* the ideas the poet may have wanted us to think about
* the mood of the poem
* how it is written – words or phrases you find interesting, the
way the poem is structured, and so on
* your response to the poem
Again: any issues or benefits?