J a m a i c a L i l a M o o r e 7 B. Blue Mountains. Geography. Location: Caribbean, island in the Caribbean Sea, south of Cuba. Area: * Land : 10,831 square km. * Water: 160 square km.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
JamaicaLila Moore 7B
* Land: 10,831 square km.
* Water: 160 square km.
Queen of Spain Valley
Natural Springs Pool
“Man is a universe within himself” – Bob Marley
Some languages spoken in Jamaica:
**Boxing Day is celebrated the day after Christmas. It is when servants and tradespeople receive “Christmas Boxes” or gifts from their employers.
New Year’s Day
The music of Jamaica includes Jamaican folk music and many popular genres, such as mento, ska, rocksteady, reggae, dub music, dancehall, rocksteady, ska jazz, reggae fusion, and related styles.
Jamaican Folk Music
1. Jamaica is the largest English-speaking island in the Caribbean.
2. Jamaica is the first Caribbean country to gain independence.
3. Jamaica was the first tropical country to enter the Winter Olympics.
4. Apart from the United States, Jamaica has won the most world and Olympic medals.
5. Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean.
6. Jamaica is home to the world’s fastest man and other great athletes.
7. Jamaica is 3rd place on the list of countries to have ever won the Miss World titles the most.
8. Jamaica is very religious and the Lord’s Prayer is prayed every morning in every Jamaican Public School.
9. Jamaica is the official birth place of Reggae and Dancehall music.
10. The words barbecue, canoe, hurricane, potato and tobacco come from the language of the first colonists of Jamaica, the Arawak Indians.
Thanks For Watching!