GOAL. An informed faith becomes a lived faith leading to Eternal Life. GRADUATE PROFILE. Committed to growing in his/her Faith.Committed to growing in all areas of life.Demonstrates family spirit and build s community.Committed to service, Justice and Peace.A person with skills for building
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. HACKETT CATHOLIC CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL CAMPUS MINISTRY
2. GOAL An informed faith
becomes a lived faith
leading to Eternal Life
3. GRADUATE PROFILE Committed to growing in his/her Faith.
Committed to growing in all areas of life.
Demonstrates family spirit and build s community.
Committed to service, Justice and Peace.
A person with skills for building the future.
(Chaminade Award Characteristics - Graduation Ceremonies.)
4. CATHOLIC EDUCATION PURPOSE An atmosphere where GOSPEL IS PROCLAIMED.
COMMUNITY in CHRIST is EXPERIENCED.
SERVICE to brothers/sisters is NORM.
THANKSGIVING/WORSHIP of GOD is CULTIVATED.
5. HCC PROGRAMS BASIC ELEMENTS KERYGMA - Academics
KOINONIA – Living Faith Community.
DIAKONIA – Service programs.
7. THEOLOGY CURRICULUM 9TH Grade – Introduction to Catholicism
10th Grade – Scripture
11th Grade – Church History
12th Grade – Morality/Sunday Seminar
STUDENTS MUST FULFILL REQUIREMENT FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT IN ORDER TO ADVANCE TO NEXT GRADE LEVEL.
8. Program Alignment in Progress Indianapolis Curriculum 2000 –HCC curriculum being aligned to program adopted in Kalamazoo.
9th Grade upon entrance will be given a survey in areas of knowledge, attitudes, practices.
Textbooks: Didache Series alignment- approved by US Bishops.
10. Living Christian/Catholic Faith Community Experience Opportunities to deepen students’ relationship with Jesus, internalize understanding of God and support process of making faith their own.
Prayer, liturgies, retreats, sacraments, Eucharist.
STUDENTS MUST FULFILL REQUIREMENT FOR YEARLY RETREAT IN ORDER TO ADVANCE TO NEXT GRADE LEVEL.
12. SERVICE PROGRAM SERVICE TO THE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY AND ENTIRE HUMAN COMMUNITY.
DEMONSTRATES FAMILY SPIRIT AND BUILDS COMMUNITY SHOWING CONCERN FOR COMMON GOOD NOT JUST FOR SELF.
SHOWS AWARENESS OF SOCIAL JUSTICE ISSUES NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY.
ALL REQUIREMEMNTS OF SERVICE MUST BE FULFILLED TO ADVANCE TO NEXT GRADE LEVEL.
13. PARENTS AS PARTNERS Home References:NEW CATHOLIC ANSWER BIBLE, CATECHISM OF CATHOLIC CHURCH, Compendium Catechism of CC
Model faith to teens: Attend week-end Liturgy in Parish.
Attend Liturgy with your teens.
Discuss Homily and Readings.
Reinforce class room instruction.
Be current on Church Teachings, Bishops’ Statements.
14. Parents con’t. Avoid “cafeteria approach” to Church Teachings and practice.
PRAY EVERYDAY for your teens.
Check it out! Rumors, gossip, confusion.
Quickly go to source of misinformation.
15. Bishop Murray on Catholic Education CATHOLIC SCHOOLS IN KALAMAZOO ARE GREAT SCHOOLS ! I AM COMMITTED TO THEM BECOMING EVEN GREATER. (April 2005)
16. US BISHOPS “OUR YOUNG PEOPLE ARE THE CHURCH OF TODAY AND TOMORROW !” (Chicago- June 2005)
17. HCC CAMPUS MINISTRY
18. TODAY TOGETHER WE BEGIN THE JOURNEY AT HCC