Mexico One of the most polluted Areas in the world. Mexico City's air has gone from among the world's cleanest to among the dirtiest in the span of a generation. . Reasons Why air pollution is a concern. Air pollution in Mexico is mainly caused by automobile traffic, the result of overcrowded roads, and automobiles that are often old and environmentally unsound..
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Air Pollution in Mexico City and L.A. By. Eddie Kay, & Eddie Simmons, Jason Bays
2. Mexico One of the most polluted Areas in the world Mexico City’s air has gone from among the world’s cleanest to among the dirtiest in the span of a generation.
3. Reasons Why air pollution is a concern Air pollution in Mexico is mainly caused by automobile traffic, the result of overcrowded roads, and automobiles that are often old and environmentally unsound.
4. Air Pollution in Mexico City Air pollution in Mexico varies among cities as well. For example, in Mexico City, where pollution levels are at their worst, the city’s geography, which places it below sea level and surrounded on three sides by mountains, causes the pollution to stay trapped in the atmosphere.
5. Catalytic Converters In polluted cities, drivers are now required to have catalytic converters on their cars and in some places are prohibited by law from driving one day a week.
6. Health problems caused by pollution Asthma
Lung and heart disease
Other respiratory problems
7. National Center for Atmospheric Research Next February and March, about 40 NCAR researchers will head to Mexico to scrutinize the brown and gray air that hovers above the country's capital. During the project, researchers will investigate the high chemicals levels in the air.
8. National Center for Atmospheric Research The team will take measurements of gas and aerosol chemistry that can't be made from the aircraft. They'll deploy radar wind profilers to measure continuous wind speed and direction, determining the trajectories of air parcels that blow in to Mexico City.
9. Natural/Humans Air pollution is caused by both natural and humans.
Humans contribute more to the air pollution Forest fires, volcanic eruptions, wind erosion, pollen dispersal, etc.
The biggest causes are the operation of fossil fuel, burning power plants and automobiles that combust fuel.
10. Number of Deaths by Pollution In 1992, the United Nations described the city's air as the most polluted on the planet. Six years later, that air earned Mexico the reputation of "the most dangerous city in the world for children." Mexico has a number of 33,287 being hospitalize each year
In our study, we had a total of 20,669 deaths: 4,919 deaths were from respiratory causes and 2,294 deaths from COPD. (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
11. Number of Infants deaths There were 2798 infant deaths during the past year, or 3 per average day.
Infant mortality was associated with the levels of nitrogen dioxide in the ozone.
12. Solution to help the environment Cities in Mexico are very bad at recycling, most cities rather than recycling in the usual fashion, usually burn there recyclables and are releasing gases into the atmosphere that are destroying the ozone.
13. Air Pollution in LA Los Angeles has some of the highest levels of cancer-related toxic air pollutants in the country.
Estimated the cancer risk due to air toxics at 1,200 in 1 million, the highest in the country and more than 33 times the national average. The statistic represents the expected number of additional deaths per million people, based on a lifetime exposure to the chemicals.
14. Air Pollution in L.A Not only the air pollution is effecting humans it is also effecting many other living things such as animals and plants which we need to live with
15. Conclusion In conclusion if do not take air pollution serious, it will start having a serious impact with human health.
The atmosphere will also reduce visibility .
If we do not act on this problem we will lose water resource and harm forest wild life.
16. Recommendation Decrease amount of automobiles being sold
Have people use other parts of transportation than cars
Higher air quality standards for the whole country.