T o u c h s t o n e 3. U n i t 8 W h a t i f ?. Lesson A Wishes. go kayaking: (kayak) a light, narrow boat, usually for one person, which you move using a paddle rent: [v] to pay or receive a fixed amount of money for the use of a room, house, car, television
(3) social life
(1) the weather
Social life：They could go to the beach for the day.
The weather：She could go for a nice long walk and get some exercise.
Family：They could hang out together.
Work：He could take the day off and do some things at home.
and grammar B
11. borrow something from someone
12. say something to someone
13. lend something to someone
14. share something with someone
1. What would you do if your friend forgot your birthday？
2. How would you react if a friend told your secret to everyone？
3. What would you do if a salesperson forgot to charge you for something？Would you tell him or her about it？
5. What would you do if you were half an hour late meeting a friend for dinner？Would you expect him or her to wait for you？
6. What would you do if you broke something in a store？Would you offer to pay for it？
If I were Tom, I’d look for another job.
He might want to try to get along with his co-workers better.
He could try to make friends with some of his co-workers.
Male or female: Could be either.
Age: Probable someone older, looking back on life because he or she refers to life as “this trip, ” suggesting he or she is quite far along on the journey of life.
Kind of life: orderly and predictable [ I’m one of those people who lived seriously, sanely, hour after hour, day after day.]; not taking time to do fun things or to do things that are not planned [ I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.]
1. 2. 3.
4. 5. 6.
1. I wouldn\'t worry about it.
People usually forget about things like that.
2. I’d apologize immediately for forgetting about the date.
3. I’d offer to pay for dinner another time.
4. I’d tell her I was thinking about other things.
6. I’d blame my boss for keeping me in a meeting at work.
7. I’d wait for her to finish, and then I’d remind her about the time she didn\'t meet me.
Second column The missing prepositions are the same as above.