We are using audio during this session, so please dial in to our conference line… Phone number: 877-322-9648 Participant code: 182500. FastFacts Feature Presentation. August 21 st , 2008. Today’s Topic. We’ll be taking a look at… Tips and tricks for travel and expense reimbursement.
August 21st, 2008
Tips and Tricks for Travel and Expense Reimbursement our conference line…
About this session:
Today’s session is a collection of solutions to problems we have collected from users.
The session will also cover some of the best practices we have learned from 18+ months of using the system.
This session was created to help people use the Travel and Expense Reimbursement module more efficiently.
Today we will cover …
1. Settings our conference line…
To access the settings: our conference line…
Display All Trips – will display all trips. You can view paid trips from prior periods.
Display all Subsequent Activities – Displays the “Suggested Activities” on the first page of the Travel Manager. Also will enable to access the expense report quickly.Settings
2. The Infocenter paid trips from prior periods.
Use the Infocenter to look up per diem rates by date. paid trips from prior periods.
To access the Infocenter:
4. WinGUI- Use the “Name of Trip Country” to search for the city or region.
Then click the green check.Information Center
4. WebGUI - Use the “Name of Trip Country” to search for the city or region.
Then click “Start search.”Information Center
5. When you locate the region, double click it. the city or region.Information Center
6. Put in the first date of the trip, click on the green check; that will display the per diem rates.Information Center
3. Personnel Number Search Using TRIP check; that will display the per diem rates.
4. Locating a Personnel Number With a Trip Number check; that will display the per diem rates.
WinGUI - At the main menu, scroll down and open the “Enduser Role” folder. Double click on “Query: Personnel/Trip Number.”
WebGUI – Access the “Enduser Role” folder at the end of the menu, then select transaction “Query: Personnel/Trip Number.” Double click to open the transaction.
WinGUI - Enter the trip number and execute the report.
WebGUI - Enter the trip number and execute the report.
The report will display a trip number with a personnel number that you can use in the Travel Manager to further research the trip.
5. Locating a Personnel Number if You’re Hindered by an HR Role Restriction
Use this transaction if you are a person with HR roles and cannot find personnel number through the TRIP search due to access issues.
1. Access the assistant role in the main menu. Double click on the “Travel Work List” role.
2. Search for the person by last name and/or first name.
3. You will be given a list of personnel numbers for use in the Travel Manager.
6. List of All Trips Role Restriction
Use list of all trips to:
Click on the “List of All Trips” link.
The “List of All Trips” screen will open with the “Open Trips” folder expanded and the “Paid Trips” folder closed.
Notes about the “List of All Trips” screen:
1. You may need to expand and collapse columns to see the data.
2. Statuses –
“Trip Completed/to be Settled” - Could be anywhere from just saved, up to in the approvers inbox in Workflow. Check Workflow for the details.
“Trip On Hold” – Has been approved by a department approver(s) and awaiting review in Accounts Payable Shared Services.
1. To expand columns, click next to them and drag.
2. Status will help you see where the expense report is in the process.
7. The Open Trips Folder Role Restriction
To change an open trip, highlight “Travel Expenses” of the trip; click the “Change” button.
You can now change the trip data. Make sure you save after making your updates. You can also use the “Services for Objects” icon to store business documents (aka Attaching), view workflow, and view attachments.
You can also use the “Account Assignment” button to quickly view the budget assignments.
The budget assignments will display.
You can also view the history of the changes or updates saved to a document by clicking the “History” button.
This window will show the JHED ID, date, and time of persons who have saved changes to an expense report.
To display the results of an open trip, highlight the “Travel Expenses” of a trip, click the “Display” button.
You can now view the trip data without saving again. Use the back button to go back to “List of All Trips.”
To delete an open trip, highlight the date of the trip, click the “Delete” button.
NEVER DELETE A PAID TRIP!
Answer “Yes” to delete the trip. The trip will be gone from the Travel Manager.
8. The Paid Trips Folder Role Restriction
To view paid trips, expand the “Paid Trips” folder by clicking the arrow to the left.
To view a paid trip, expand the folder by clicking the arrow to the left.
This will show data about the trip. To see the date the funds were released use the scroll at the bottom of the page.
This will show when the funds were released in the “Travel Expense Statement Is …” column (You may have to expand this column). Be advised that this is NOT an actual payment date. The person being reimbursed must check with their bank for actual dates.
To display the results of a paid trip, highlight the “Travel Expenses” of a trip, click the “Display” button.
To access a paid trip to add receipts, highlight “Travel Expenses” of a trip, click the “Change” button.
You will be asked if you want to “change the trip data” – Click “Yes.”
You are NOT obligated to change the data. You will be given access to the expense report.
Notes on adding receipts to paid expense reports:
You can now add receipts to the trip data.
Today we covered …
Health System – OD&T – Anna – 410-735-7065
University – Learning Solutions – Kathy - 443-997-6453
Shared Services – www.ssc.jhmi.edu
Accounts Payable Shared Services - 443-997-6688
SAP Support – www.jhu.edu/hopkinsone