Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. EARTHQUAKES AN EARTHQUAKE IS…
2. There has never been an earthquake recorded in the Cayman Islands in excess of magnitude 7, despite the fact that the Islands are located on a boundary between the North American and Caribbean tectonic plates. EARTHQUAKES
3. It is not unusual for minor tremors to be recorded; most residents don't even notice them. However, in December 2004, a quake of 6.8 magnitude rocked Grand Cayman and everyone noticed. The earthquake, short in duration, opened some small sinkholes but otherwise didn't cause any damage.
4. After December's event, and since 2004 was an active seismic year for the Caribbean, the University of the West Indies installed a temporary seismograph at the headquarters of the Mosquito Research Control Unit. EARTHQUAKES
CIG bought four seismographs which will be deployed on the islands. These will
monitor seismic activity and will also be part of the Caribbean Tsunami Warning System
7. EARTHQUAKES are accompanied by:
8. Effects of an Earthquake
9. EARTHQUAKES BEFORE THE EARTHQUAKE
10. HOME HAZARD HUNT
11. HOME HAZARD HUNT contd….
12. HOME HAZARD HUNT contd….
13. DURING/AFTER PROCEDURES DUCK
14. DURING/AFTER PROCEDURES
15. DURING/AFTER PROCEDURES