Program Objectives. First, the main goal is to teach students how to follow directions accurately.Next, our priority is to help students read forms more effectively.Finally, our focus is to give students practice in the skills needed for filling out forms.. When Discussing Guidance, Career Education, and Home Economics follow this Program. - PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Life Skills: Filling Out Forms and Following Directions
2. Program Objectives First, the main goal is to teach students how to follow directions accurately.
Next, our priority is to help students read forms more effectively.
Finally, our focus is to give students practice in the skills needed for filling out forms.
3. When Discussing Guidance, Career Education, and Home Economics follow this Program You can improve ones life skills by teaching them how to:
Follow directions accurately
Fill out employment applications
Apply to college, technical school, and graduate school
Maintain a checkbook
Get a better understanding of an apartment lease
Better understand a loan application
4. English Its important to be accurate with your English skills when filling out any type of paperwork! Here are some tips:
First and foremost, you want to start by improving your ability to read directions
Next, you want to improve your capability of interpreting forms.
Then, you would need to learn the writing skills necessary to answer questions on forms.
Finally, its imperative for one to practice reading and writing skills for everyday life.
5. Warm-Up Activities Start off by asking your class if anyone has ever had a bad experience because of improperly followed directions. If so, then ask the students to describe what happened and how could this have been avoided.
Next, find out what forms have your students filled out recently, and then ask then did they have any problems in understanding them.
6. Then, ask the students to discuss the terms like: application form, checking account, deposit slip, installment claim, and etc before viewing the program
Finally, ask students to list all the forms they expect to encounter in the near future. After the program, review the list.
7. Following Directions ProperlyPart I: Always give the directions a quick first reading just to see if you have the interest, the skills, and the patience to follow then through
Make sure to read the directions carefully a second time. Never assume that you know any part of the directions and can, therefore skip over it!
Be sure you fully understand the directions, especially any new and unfamiliar terms. If you are ever unsure, always ask someone for help!
8. Following Directions Properly Part 1 Continued: Try to understand the reason for each step. This helps you remember the steps and follow them correctly.
Try to understand why the steps follow in a specific order. If possible, form a picture or mental image of the steps.
Even if you have read the directions a few times and you think you remember the steps in the right order, always have the directions with you while performing the steps.
9. Understanding Forms and its Filling Out Process When dealing with forms, you must understand that there are many different types of forms, and they all have a specific purpose!
The key to being successful at filling out forms is: Always read and follow the directions on the form, and make sure you answer the questions carefully and thoughtfully!
10. Why Should I Know How To Fill Out Forms…. The number one reason why individuals should learn how to fill out forms is because it is a life skill that all young adults must learn
Another reason why its important to fill out forms is that, if you are unaware of how to fill out forms properly, it will HINDER you from getting a job or filling out important documents that may be beneficial to you in the long run!
11. Here Are Some Examples of Different Types of Forms That Are Most Commonly Filled Out Application for Social Security
Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
12. Different Types of Forms Continued Credit Card Application
Installment Loan Application
13. Different Types of Forms Continued Work Application Form
SSS Application Form