Chapter 11: Political Developments in the Early Republic. The Federal Judiciary Act. 1 . Set up the federal court system 2. Appointed 5 justices and 1 chief justice to the US Supreme Court 3. John Jay was the 1 st chief justice
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Set up the federal court system
2. Appointed 5 justices and 1 chief justice to the US Supreme Court
3. John Jay was the 1st chief justice
4. John Jay was a lawyer and negotiated the Treaty of Paris
1. Secretary of State: Thomas Jefferson
2. Secretary of War: Henry Knox
3. Secretary of Treasury: Alexander Hamilton
4. Attorney General: Edmund Randolph
why they fought for
danger of political parties
1. The government needed MONEY!
2. The government needed to pay back its debts
=77 million dollars in debt
In today’s value of a dollar, that would be equal to $1,038,942,591
1. Hamilton believed in a strong federal government that encouraged business and industry
2. Hamilton had little faith in ordinary citizens
3. Hamilton’s 3 Part Plan
A. Pay off the war debt
B. Raise government revenue
C. National bank
1. Pay off the war debt
2. Raise government revenue (money)
3. National Bank
2. Strict Construction
Made to keep the Federalists in power!
things so a tie couldn’t
1. Who was in Washington’s cabinet?
2. What was learned by the Whiskey Rebellion?
3. What did GW warn in his farewell address?
4. Explain the difference between a loose and strict constructionist.
5. How did the Alien and Sedition Acts keep the Federalists in power?
6. What problem did the 12th Amendment resolve?