Direct Connect Supplier Integration. Integrating Suppliers with PeopleSoft eProcurement using Direct Connect Supplier Integration. What is Direct Connect?. An implementation of accepted standards that enables eProcurement users to interact directly with a supplier’s website to order items.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Integrating Suppliers with PeopleSoft eProcurement using Direct Connect Supplier Integration
1) The system saves all levels of the current requisition to a global rowset
2) Based on the direct connect method registered to the selected supplier, the system loads the appropriate application class and runs the code to connect to the supplier.
3) After building the XML, the system sends it to the supplier’s URL as defined in the supplier's node definition.
4) The system returns a response to PeopleSoft eProcurement, if the user is successfully authenticated, that contains the supplier’s URL for redirection.
5) PeopleSoft eProcurement receives this response, in the form of a message object. Integration Broker runs a transformation from the PunchOutSetupResponse to the message behind the scenes.
6) PeopleSoft eProcurement redirects the user to the URL sent in the response from the supplier.
7) The user browses the supplier’s site, and places an order. Based on sign-on information, the supplier can maintain customer specific pricing.
8) After the order is complete and the user checks out, the supplier’s site packages the shopping cart into an XML string and places it in an HTML hidden form field.
9) The PeopleSoft eProcurement component that has been redirected to extracts the XML string from the hidden form field. The string is parsed into a PeopleSoft message using another Integration Broker transformation.
This preserves the state of the requisition so that changes made since the creation or the last save of the requisition are not lost.
10) When the requisition component Is reinitialized, the global rowset from step 1 containing the original requisition information is reloaded. The items from the external item message, containing the shopping cart data, are added as new rows to the requisition.