Wednesday, Oct. 13 2010 Pages: 347? 352 (stop before progris ript 5 ? Mar 10). We know that Charlie is going to go on some sort of journey.? At this point in the story, however, Charlie is?an innocent character (meaning he has not experienced evil; remember our previous discussion about innocence vs
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Flowers for Algernon Journal Prompts
2. Wednesday, Oct. 13 2010 Pages: 347– 352 (stop before progris ript 5 – Mar 10) We know that Charlie is going to go on some sort of journey. At this point in the story, however, Charlie is an innocent character (meaning he has not experienced evil; remember our previous discussion about innocence vs. intelligence).
Will the journey be a positive or a negative one? Your answer will purely be based on what YOU think after what you have read. There won't be a direct answer in the story.
3. Thurs, October 14 2010 Pg. 352-357(Stop before April 6) Re-read the 2nd paragraph of Progress Report 6 on Pg 353.
Would it be a good thing if everyone's intelligence was increased? Could there be any negative consequences?
4. Fri., October 15 2010 Pg. 357- 360 Does innocence or, in Charlie's case, a low intelligence protect us from the bad things/people in life?
Is it better to be ignorant of the evils around us, or is it better to have knowledge of the bad things going on around us?
Relate your answer to the last two sentences of page 360.
5. Mon, October 18 2010 Pg. 361- 365 Re-read the last paragraph of April 28 on page 365.
What does this reveal about Charlie?
What does he realize for the first time? Explain.
6. Tues, October 19 2010 Pg. 366- 371 (Stop before Report 13) Re-read the second to last paragraph on page 370.
Why does Charlie feel he is the best eqipped for this work?
What is his work?
7. Wed, October 20 2010 Pg. 371- 377 (Stop before July 14) How would you feel if you were in Charlie’s shoes?
Should human beings have the ability to comprehend and calculate their own death?
Why or why not?
8. Thurs, October 21 2010 Pg. 377 – End Now that we have read the entire story, we know that Charlie ends up right back where he started.
In your opinion, should Charlie have had the operation?
Is it better to have gained and lost intelligence than not at all?
Take a stance and support it using evidence from the text.