Creating Lasting Family Connections. Program Funding. The Creating Lasting Family Connections program is funded by Title V and the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. Program History. CLC was a program developed by the Council on Prevention and Education: Substances (COPES) in Louisville, KY.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Creating Lasting Family Connections
Increase community engagement by implementing a successful family recruitment strategy
Improve parent knowledge and attitudes regarding drug issues, and improve their family management skills
Increase the knowledge and use of community services, including treatment and rehabilitation services, among participating families when needed
Improve the communication and refusal skills of participating youth
Delay onset and reduce frequency of alcohol and drug use among participating youth.
Bonding with mother and father
Participation in family rule setting
Bonding with community
The CLFC curriculum is designed to increase the following resiliency factors:
Trish Brutus, Community Initiatives Coordinator
330 Fountain Street
P.O. Box 1186
Lafayette, In 47902-1186
E-mail: [email protected]
Office Phone: 742-5046
1. Department of Health Promotion and Education, Strengthening America's Families: Effective Family Programs for Prevention of Delinquency. Retrieved March 25, 2007, Web site: http://www.strengtheningfamilies.org/index.html
2. COPES, "Creating Lasting Family Connections" Program for Youth & Family Strengthening. Retrieved March 25, 2007, Web site: http://copes.org/include/index.htm
3. Creating Lasting Connections, Retrieved March 25, 2007, Web site: http://casat.unr.edu/bestpractices/view.php?program=26
4. United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, The Global Youth Network. Retrieved March 25, 2007, Web site: http://www.unodc.org/youthnet/youthnet_action_good_practice_creating_lasting.html
5. Interview with Trish Brutus on Feb 26, 2007.