AP Literature Unit 1: Voice. Encompassing Summer Reading, personal essays, and other short readings. Learning Goal: Section 1 in Ntbk.
Encompassing Summer Reading, personal essays, and other short readings
1. What is YOUR definition of “voice” in reading and writing?
2. What do you think are some characteristics of an author’s voice? You can name literary elements, or just describe how you think an author creates voice.
3. Why do you think voice is important in the study of literature?
4. Name some “unheard voices” in our world today. What “groups” are still “voiceless”?
4.5 Explain what obstacles are impeding the voices of those groups or individuals.
5. Explain why it might be important to understand voices that are unlike your own.
6. Do you think that YOU have a unique voice to share with others? What do you think is unique about your voice. If you do not feel you have a unique voice, why not?