Discuss CO procedures before construction beginsDevelop a potential change order (PCO) log and filing systemDistribute a PCO log at each progress meetingEvaluate each PCO before making a recommendationNever lower your standards of professionalismEvaluate and resolve each PCO as fast as possibleChoose your battles wisely.
4. Definitions Potential Change Order (PCO):
An issue that could affect the cost or duration of a contract.
5. Issues that initiate PCOs
Contract document discrepancy
Submittal review comment
Request for information
Permit agency request
Property owner request
Value engineering proposal
Changed site condition
Tax increase or decrease
Quantity increase or decrease
8. Percent (%) Change Orders to Expect
10. Note: Write meeting notes and send copies to Owner and project file.
Note: Write meeting notes and send copies to Owner and project file.
11. Note: Consider using a binder to maintain PCO information and file the information when the PCO is resolved.
Note: Consider using a binder to maintain PCO information and file the information when the PCO is resolved.
19. EXAMPLE – Pump Station Change Orders