Foundation for Measuring Engagement in Educational Games. Presenter: Che-Yu Lin Advisor: Min-Puu Chen Date: December 1,2008. Kristian , K., & Timo, L. (2008). Foundation for Measuring Engagement in Educational Games . Journal of Interactive Learning Research , 19 (3), 469–488.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Presenter: Che-Yu Lin
Advisor: Min-Puu Chen
Date: December 1,2008
Kristian, K., & Timo, L. (2008). Foundation for Measuring Engagement in Educational Games. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 19(3),469–488.
being magic new tools that will solve the problems of computer assisted learning.
- how to design game environments that foster knowledge construction
- deepen understanding and problem-solving while being engaging and entertaining at the same time
- all the flow antecedents included in the model would have positive effects on the flow experience
- the flow experience has a positive impact on learning and exploratory behaviour
- experiential learning (Kolb, 1984)
- constructivism (Phillips, 1995)
- a short pre-assignment
General experiences about RealGame
Reliability of the GameFlow Questionnaire
Examining the Connection between Flow Antecedents and Flow State
Examining the Connection between Flow State and Flow Consequences