Pens vs pencils
Download
1 / 5

Pens vs Pencils - PowerPoint PPT Presentation


  • 127 Views
  • Uploaded on

Pens vs Pencils. Choose your weapon wisely. Everyone should think more about which they choose. Elementary school teachers will have students use certain writing tools for certain jobs which helps the students Most college students prefer pen but it may not be for the right reasons.

loader
I am the owner, or an agent authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyrighted work described.
capcha
Download Presentation

PowerPoint Slideshow about ' Pens vs Pencils' - berg


An Image/Link below is provided (as is) to download presentation

Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - E N D - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Presentation Transcript
Pens vs pencils

Pens vsPencils

Choose your weapon wisely


Everyone should think more about which they choose
Everyone should think more about which they choose

  • Elementary school teachers will have students use certain writing tools for certain jobs which helps the students

  • Most college students prefer pen but it may not be for the right reasons.

  • Pens may not be the cleanest option to choose. (ICU study)


Different tools for a different job
Different tools for a different job

  • Elementary school teachers select which writing tool to use for specific reason- each one is different.

  • In an interview with Shellie Dehaan, a 1st grade teacher who has been teaching for 22 years, she said she will have her students use a pencil for assignments learning to spell, grammar or mathematics, where erasing can play a key part in setting a proper foundation for the students.

  • At the same time, if there is a student who is reluctant to write with a pencil she can adapt and let the student choose what they would prefer to use.

  • As students grow older teachers have less of a preference of which item the student uses since they already have the foundation made.


Generally most students our age don t think about which they use
Generally, most students our age don’t think about which they use

  • 66% of the people surveyed said they preferred to use a pen for most writing assignments. The other 34% prefer to use pencils.

  • survey show that most college students prefer to write with pen because it is “smoother” or even “cooler” than a pencil.


Is the pen the best choice
Is the pen the best choice? they use

  • A study done in the Respiratory Care Journal showed how the doctors pens in an ICU may carry diseases.

  • They took 20 pens at the end of the doctors shifts and tested them for nosocomial bacteria. (infections caused by being in the hospital)

  • Of the 20 pens tested 17 came back positive for having nosocomial bacteria.

  • 4 of those 17 had a type of the Micrococcus bacteria (a bacteria that can grow on your skin)

    *Wolfe, David, et al “Bacterial Colonization of Respiratory Therapists’ Pens in the Intensive Care Unit.” Respiratory Care. RespiratoryCare, n.d. Web. 17 June. 2013.


ad