2. Always in Pitch Mode. Great Entrepreneurs are Constantly SellingSelling yourself as a business partner and leader to prospective team membersSelling your idea and team to potential investors and financing sourcesSelling your products and services to customers and distribution partnersSelling your enterprise to eventual acquirers.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. The Plan, Powerpoint, Elevator Speech:
Pitching Your Ideas
3. 3 Entrepreneurs’ Arsenal for Pitching
4. 4 Executive Summary
5. 5 Business Plan
6. 6 Business Plan – The Nitty Gritty Market Opportunity ? What’s the pain point you can help solve?
Product / Service ? What can you offer and how does it address the pain?
Innovation ? What are the key innovations in technology or business model than enable your solution? What IP or other barriers to replication exist?
Market Sizing ? What’s the scope of the market? How fast is it growing? How is it segmented?
Sales & Marketing Approach ? How will you reach customers? What’s the pricing structure and profit margins?
Financial Model ? Any historical financials? What are the projected revenues and expenses for the next 3-5 years?
Team ? Bios of key members. What’s the hiring plan for additional staff?
Funding Needs ? What money has gone in thus far? How much do you need today and what will you achieve with it? What might you need in the future?
Exit Strategy ? What are likely scenarios and why? What similar companies have been acquired, gone public, etc recently?
7. 7 Slide Show
8. 8 Elevator Speech
9. 9 Case Study – The “Tube”
10. 10 The VC Process – PJC Example Sourcing Investment Opportunities ? Elevator speech
Initial Screening ? Exec summary
First Meeting ? Powerpoint slides
Request Additional Information ? Business plan
Present to Full Partnership ? Powerpoint slides
Negotiate Investment Terms
11. 11 Suggestions for Successful Pitching Be Prepared ? You never know when pitch opportunities will arise
Be Assertive ? Take your opportunities when they present themselves
Be Focused ? Get the info across that’s important and identify next steps
Be Honest ? Optimism and energy is essential, unrealistic messages unhelpful
Leverage Yourself ? Solicit feedback and input from others on your pitches, use your network to expand the opportunities to pitch