Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Chapter 5: Law of Contracts Lecture Outline
2. Types of Contracts Express versus implied
Bilateral versus unilateral
Executory versus executed
3. Essentials of a Valid Contract Competent parties
Consideration Discuss Gibbs v. American Savings case. Discuss Roth v. Malson case. Discuss Ersa Grae Corp. v. Fluor Corp. case.
Discuss Gibbs v. American Savings case. Discuss Roth v. Malson case. Discuss Ersa Grae Corp. v. Fluor Corp. case.
4. Void and Voidable Contracts Fraud misrepresentation
Duress and menace
Options to Contract
Right of first refusal brokers license
Nonresident licenses Discuss U.S. v. Cloud Case. Discuss Ellis v. Chevron case.
Discuss U.S. v. Cloud Case. Discuss Ellis v. Chevron case.
5. License Renewals Grounds for Disciplinary Action
Statute of limitations
Education Research and Recovery Allocation Discuss Madrid case. Discuss Direnfield case.
Discuss Madrid case. Discuss Direnfield case.
6. Contractual Remedies Monetary damages
Punitive or exemplary damages
Wavier of damages
7. Assignment of Contract Statute of Frauds
Parol Evidence Rule
Statute of Limitations
Judgments Discuss the ARYA Group Inc. v. Cher case.
Discuss the ARYA Group Inc. v. Cher case.