GENESIS Chapter 43 JOSEPH WEEPS FOR BENJAMIN I. Introduction A. Last of chapter 42. 1. Genesis 42:33-38. 2. Joseph’s brothers return home. a) Jacob has lost 2 sons! (1) Rueben was to take care of Joseph. II. Genesis 43:1-5.
JOSEPH WEEPS FOR BENJAMIN
A. Last of chapter 42.
1. Genesis 42:33-38
a) Jacob has lost 2 sons!
(1) Rueben was to take care of Joseph.
II. Genesis 43:1-5
1. Simeon is rotting in an Egyptian prison.
2. Joseph filled their sacks with money AND grain!
a) 10 bags filled with grain!
(2) This family messed up.
(a) He likely had little hope of rescue.
3. The boys refuse to go back” unless demands are met!
III. Genesis 43:6-7
A. Jacob’s question, “How could they do this?”
1. “It wasn’t about dad.
A. Judah gives his life in place of Benjamin’s.
1. Judah makes it personal.
a) Jacob relents.
2. Could have gone back and forth twice!
A. Jacob lets them go.
VI. Genesis 43:15-22
A. The brothers first met with Joseph in the palace.
a) The brothers think it is a setup.
(1) They sold Joseph for 20 pieces of silver.
b) They quickly defend themselves.
A. Joseph’s promise to return Simeon is fulfilled.
VIII. Genesis 43:24-25
A. Now treated with respect.
A. Joseph asks about his father!
1. He is deeply moved!
A. Genesis 43:31-34
2. The brothers seated by age!
a) How could this Egyptian know?
3. He began to serve them from his own table!
a) Benjamin gets 5 times what the others get!
B. Jesus will reveal Himself to His Hebrew brothers!
1. Zechariah 13:6
a) They will then recognize Him.
b) He weeps!