Elements of Suspense. Elements of Suspense. 1. Although the visual elements of the suspense drama are the main focus, what other elements add to the development of the climax?. Sound Lighting Make Up Editing Techniques.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Elements of Suspense
Elements of Suspense
1. Although the visual elements of the suspense drama are the main focus, what other elements add to the development of the climax?
2. Camera angles play an important roll in focusing the viewer’s attention. How does the director use the following angles?
Eliminates any scene distraction and focuses on the reaction and or emotions of the actor.
Indicates that something is not right. Adds to the mystery.
Gives the person or object a superior position.
Shows the person or object in an inferior position.
3. Lighting plays an important role in adding to suspense. What are the purposes of the following lighting techniques?
Indicates that things are normal and all the scene elements are out in the open to see.
Adds some mystery to the scene because some things are hidden.
Helps to indicate the location of the scene. Also the light is used to focus the viewers eye where the director wants them to look.
Low angle source
Gives the actor(s) an eerie look. Shadows hide facial features and disquise emotions. Used in all Classic Horror movies.
High angle source
Causes heavy shadows and used to indicate some type of stress.
Used to silhouette the actor(s). Conceals identity and facial features. When combined with front lighting, adds a hallo effect and gives the actor(s) an angelic look and sets them apart from the background.
Produces heavy shadow areas. Shows hard facial features. Used to show hostility. Features the “bad guy”.
Softens facial features. Used to show warmth and friendliness. Features the “Good Guy”.
4. Tell me how important you think the sound is when used to build the suspense of a scene.
I think The sound enhances what we see by…..
the sound is very important because…..
It also adds to the……
The volume of the sound track is important because it……
6.What roll does the strength, or volume, of the music play?
It helps to stimulate our emotions in conjunction to the visual effects.
7.In what way does Make-up add realism to the scene?
It helps to make the actors more believable and realistic.
8. How did the director use all or some of these elements in the “Twilight Zone” shows that we viewed? Explain your findings in a complete paragraph.