- PowerPoint PPT Presentation
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Nouns Person, Place or Thing Fourth Grade
2. Proper Nouns Proper Nouns
A proper noun names a specific person, place or thing
A proper noun is always capitalized
Examples of Proper Nouns
People: Paul, Mark, Sandy, Helen, Rover
Places: Bountiful City, Zions National Park
Things: Bernina Sewing Machine, Wall Ball
3. Common Nouns Common Nouns
People, places or things that are not specific
Common Nouns are not capitalized
Examples of common nouns
People: boy, girl, husband, sister
Places: ocean, park, seaside
Things: ball, tree, house, machine
4. Pronouns Pronouns
A pronoun takes the place of a noun
It is not capitalized unless it is the beginning word in a sentence
Examples of pronouns
He, she, it, her, them, him
5. Noun Assignment Correct the following sentence. Make sure you capitalize all proper nouns.
I remember when sam came to salt lake city, utah to see our city. It was fun for him to see the city and he especially liked hogle zoo.
6. Pronoun Practice Edit the following sentence, changing all nouns to pronouns.
John really wants to ride on the ferris wheel at Lagoon this summer.