Participation in Physical Activity: Exercise and Healthy/Balance Lifestyles. Mr. P. Leighton St Mary’s 11-18 College PE Socio-Cultural Studies. Today’s Session…. Understand the terms of Exercise and Healthy/ Balance Lifestyles… What do they actually mean to us?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Participation in Physical Activity: Exercise and Healthy/Balance Lifestyles.
Mr. P. Leighton
St Mary’s 11-18 College
PE Socio-Cultural Studies
- In PAIRS discuss and write down on the sheet provided what you think Physical exercise means?
- HINT: There is more than one kind of exercise- does exercise mean the same to everyone?
- Dictionary Definition: Exercise is ANY ACTIVITY that enhances or maintains physical fitness or overall health.
- Also… Exercise has effects on other areas of our well being… what are they?
Answer: Physical- Body weight
Personal- Self Worth
Mental- Stress relief
- Find a DIFFERENT partner this time: discuss and note down what you think this “Umbrella Term” may actually mean.