Acts of the apostles. Author, date, and similarities to Luke’. Author: Written by the author of Luke’s Gospel Addressed also to Theophilus Luke and Acts’ have similar style and language Date; Many scholars date after Luke-possibly in the mid-80s.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Acts of the apostles
Similarities between Acts and Luke’s gospel:
- Before ascension, apostles are told that they will be Jesus’ witnesses not only in Jerusalem, but to the ends of the earth.
- the base of operations for the future of the church
I. Central role of the Holy Spirit
- Continuing Jesus’ work in the world
- Jesus’ promise to send the Spirit
- outpouring of the Spirit
- Spirit’s presence empowers apostles
II. The Gospel is for all people
- Spirit inspires church leaders at a council in Jerusalem to allow Gentiles to convert without first becoming Jews
- Faith, baptism, and repentance are all required
The Ascension marks a transition in salvation history:
The Descent of the Holy Spirit