Peruvian Canadian Chamber of Commerce (PCCC). Annual General Meeting November 27, 2013 AGENDA. Agenda. Annual Report by President Mr. Jose Zlatar Annual Financial Report by Director – Treasurer Mr. Arturo Lopez Members voting to ratify the Board of Directors. Update on Events for 2014.
Annual General Meeting
November 27, 2013
Annual Report by President Mr. Jose Zlatar
Annual Financial Report by Director – Treasurer Mr. Arturo Lopez
Members voting to ratify the Board of Directors.
Update on Events for 2014.
January 17th 2009 Slide No. 2
2013 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – PRESIDENT’S REPORT
November 27, 2013
Dear Members of the PERUVIAN CANADIAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
I’m glad to present you our 2013 President’s report and the last one of my 2nd, 3 years term.
First I have to acknowledge that the President is just the Chamber face and the success achieved by the PCCC is owed to the amazing team of Directors that we had being able to assemble through the years.
I want to thank each one of our Directors and Manager for your constant support and efforts, I also want to acknowledge the extraordinary support of our Leader Members, thanks to their generous contribution the PCCC is able to operate and grow, our Leader members are :
- Barrick Gold
- Norton Rose Fullbright
- HudBay Minerals and
- Avianca Airlines.
Since our last AGM and during 2013 the Chamber had the following events :
- November 7th, 2012. We sponsored and participated at MINELATINAMERICA, organized by On the Ground Group at the Toronto Board of Trade.
- November 15th, 2012. We sponsored the CIM Luncheon at the National Club, that featured a presentation by Accenture.
- January 17th, 2013 we had our Awards & Networking Night at The National Club.
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013
- On Tuesday February 5th and 7th we held an event in Toronto and Vancouver, Mining in Peru Opportunities & Challenges , in Toronto we held it at Norton Rose Fullbright\'s offices and in Vancouver at the National Club. We had as guest speakers from Peru Eng. Susana Vilca President of INGEMMET and Mr. Pedro Martinez, President of Peru’s National Society of Mining,
Petroleum and Energy (SNMPE)
- From March 3rd to 6th we participated at the 2013 PDAC.
We had a Networking Dinner, Organized together with Chamber of Lima on Sunday March 3rd at the Westin Hotel in Toronto
On March 5th we had a Networking Breakfast organized together with the Mexico-Canada Business Alliance at Blaney McMurtry
We also participated at the Peru Morning at the Intercontinental Hotel on Tuesday, March 5th.
And finally supported the great financial effort done by Scotiabank for a Cocktail held at the Westin Harbour Castle on Tuesday, March 5th to honour the Peruvian delegation.
- On April 15th and 16th we participated as Media partners of the Peruvian Investors Forum held in Lima - Peru at the Westin Hotel.
- On May 9th we had our Pisco Sour & Networking Night , Sponsored by Scotiabank at The Boulevard Cafe in Toronto.
- On May 28th and 29th we participated as Media Partners at the 2nd Annual Global Sustainable Mining Summit held at The Grand Hotel and Suites, in Toronto.- On June 5, we had a Premium Pisco Seminar & Tasting, organized together with Pisco Bar Corner at the Valdez Restaurant in Toronto.
- On June 13th we supported the birth of the Chambre de Commerce Perou Canada at the Museum of Art of Montreal, our affiliate Chamber in Quebec, who started with an impressive over 35 people membership and is growing.
- On July 4th, we had our educative Seminar How to Import products into Canada , at the OITC in Toronto.
- On July 15th, we organized in partnership with the CCA a Luncheon with Julio Velarde, Gobernor of Peru Central Bank : GENERAL ANALYSIS OF PERU
- On Sep. 25th and 26th we participated again as Media Partners at the Renewable Energy and Mining Summit in Toronto.
- We held another important Seminar How to Export from Canada to the Pacific Alliance, this time sponsored by DFAIT - Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada at the OITC in Toronto on October 9th, 2013.
- On October 23rd at the office of Norton Rose Fullbright we had a Breakfast Seminar with Dr. Lilian Rocca , Superintendent of Values and Investment in Peru.- On November 18th and 19th we participated as Media Parners at Mining & Investment Latin America 2013. At the Westin Hotel in Lima-Peru
Finally, after 6years in office as the PCCC President, I’m glad to report you that the Chamber evolved from its small origin to an Institution that now has presence in Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia, is reaching to most companies doing business in Peru and had become a relevant player for the Governments of Canada and Peru. Our financial situation is healthy and our membership had expanded greatly into the Corporate world.
I offer my total support to Jim Louttit, our new President and to all the Board of Directors.
Thank you and best regards
PCCC EVENTS 2014:
Networking Dinner - Sunday March 2nd, 2014
CEO Luncheon - Monday March 3rd, 2014
PDAC - Cocktail Scotiabank
Networking Breakfast - Tuesday March 4th, 2014