Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Language is the most powerful, most readily available tool we have for representing the world to ourselves and ourselves to the world. Language is not only a means of communication, it is a primary instrument of thought, a defining feature of culture, and an unmistakable mark of personal identity. Encouraging and enabling students to learn to use language effectively is certainly one of society’s most important tasks.
“Lifted” Sentences we have for representing the world to ourselves and ourselves to the world.
1. I am a huge New England patriots fan who watches all their games.
2. I am the searcher of a nittany lion costume.
3. I am a loving owner of my two dogs Dakota and peanut.
4. I am afraid of the band slipnot and their really scary masks.
5. I am deeply possessed to buy clothes from American eagle.
6. I am deathly afraid of sharks ever since I saw the movie jaws.
7. I am a reader that reads a lot of meaningful books like speak and twisted.
8. I am a girl who has swam in both the atlantic and pacific.
Capitals Count!! we have for representing the world to ourselves and ourselves to the world.
A weeee little review . . .
(Again – totally weird, but “sun” and “moon” are not capitalized)
Now you try: we have for representing the world to ourselves and ourselves to the world. fixemup!
2. The president’s Saturday talks from the white house were broadcast on the radio.
3. The sacred muslim city of mecca is one of the two capitals of saudiarabia.
5. Each summer, a group from the methodist youth fellowship travels to appalachia to help poor people in the area.