Puritan Salem Witch Trials Great Awakening. Growth in Salem Town. Spreads inland quickly so a new community forms – Salem Village. “Villagers” want own Church, Minister & New Meeting House.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Puritan Salem Witch TrialsGreat Awakening
The June 10, 1692 hanging of Bridget Bishop
From June through September of 1692:
- 19 men and women, convicted of witchcraft, were carted to Gallows Hill, a barren slope near Salem Village, for hanging.
- Another man of over eighty years was pressed to death under heavy stones for refusing to submit to a trial on witchcraft charges.
- At least four accused witches had died in prison.
- One to two hundred other persons were arrested and imprisoned on witchcraft charges.
- Two dogs were executed as suspected accomplices of witches.
a fiery sermon that scared people.