v. Cory Simmons Morgan Farruya Mr. Last - DRTL 2090. Background Information. Customers worldwide have trusted L.L. Bean, Inc., for quality apparel, outdoor equipment and expert advice since 1912. The purpose of LLBean.com is to satisfy customer’s outdoor needs.
Mr. Last - DRTL 2090
Lands End (Below)
L.L. Bean (Above)
- Both sites look remarkably similar. L.L. Bean must find a way to differentiate their site aesthetically from Lands End.
- Both L.L. Bean’s and Land End’s assortments are oddly similar as well. This makes for dangerous competition between these companies.
- Informational video support on product’s page.
- Product listing is detailed in categorizing results based on: price, best selling, newest, customer rating, A-Z.
- Free shipping on all online merchandise.
- Smartphone/mobile device navigation is fluid and optimized.
- Online chat is available anytime for assistance.
- More transparency on their “About Us” page than Lands End.
- No full screen, rich product images.
- Must click separate link to open sizing chart in another window.
- No webpage encryption, when viewing shopping bag.
- Must create an L.L. Bean Account before checking out.
- Inconvenient “store locator” navigation.
- L.L. Bean can broaden their videos to more categories on their website.
- L.L. Bean has been in business much longer than Lands End. They can definitely interact and offer their clientele more deals and discounts online.
- Incorporate more flash-enabled product ads into pages. It makes the website become more interactive.