《 翻译技巧 》 翻译的性质与职业要求. 广东外语艺术职业学院. “ 翻译”（ translation ）可以有多种理解： Translating （翻译活动）. 翻译的性质. Translation （译文）. interpreting （口译活动） interpretation （口译）. translation studies( 翻译研究 ). Translatology （翻译学）. 本课程所说的指的是翻译实践活动 (Translating) ，是一种跨越时空的语言活动，而不是指翻译产品。. He is doing translation.( 活动 ).
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Translationbeing an intellectual activity, the object of which is the transfer of literary, scientific and technical texts from one language into anotherimposes on those who practice it specific obligations inherent in its very nature..
(THE TRANSLATOR'S CHARTER of The International Federation of Translators)
2. Faithfulness; ---to be faithful to the content of the original
Expressiveness; ---to be as expressive as the original
Closeness --- to be as close to the original style as possible.
1935 1984 246
1. The translator shall possess a sound knowledge of the language from which he/she translates and should, in particular, be a master of that into which he/she translates.
2. He/she must likewise havea broad general knowledge and know sufficiently well the subject matter of the translation and refrain from undertaking a translation in a field beyond his competence.
(Professional knowledge)Requirements for the translator
3. The translator shall refrain from any unfair competition in carrying out his profession; in particular, he/she shall strive for equitable remuneration and not accept any fee below that which may be fixed bylaw and regulations.
4. In general, he/she shall neither seek nor accept work under conditions humiliating to himself/herself or his/her profession.