Welcome to AP World History. Let the games begin! SEHS 2013-2014. What is the AP (Advanced Placement)?. The AP, or Advanced Placement, is a college-level course. Through college-level coursework and exams, students can earn college credit by taking the AP Exam.
Let the games begin!
- http://wps.ablongman.com/long_stearns_wcap_4/(also on syllabus)
1) Course was created in an effort to look at the world as an interrelated system, rather than looking at how Europe imposes itself upon the rest of the world (Euro-centric)
2) Follows current historical scholarship
3) Examines 5 different geographical regions, 6 different time periods, and 5 different themes (SPICE)
4) Focuses more on comparisons, connections, trends, themes rather than details and rote memorization