TECHNION – ISRAEL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY THE SAMUEL NEAMAN INSTITUTE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES IN SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY PROJECT IFISE. An Evaluation of the Israeli Technological Incubator Program and Its Projects Final Report Prof. Daniel Shefer Dr. Amnon Frenkel February 2002.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
An Evaluation of the Israeli Technological Incubator Program and Its Projects Final ReportProf. Daniel Shefer Dr. Amnon FrenkelFebruary 2002
The Office of the Chief Scientist of the Ministry of Industry and Trade gives:
To each incubator $175,000 per annum
Each project granted up to $150,000 per year, for a maximum of two years (Level of the given grant is up to 85% of the approved budget of the project).
The principal criteria for project selection are:
(2) primarily export-oriented
(3) based on R&D
(4) feasible with the available resources.
1. To describe the High-Tech incubator as a filter of new technological ideas that subsequently become new technology-based companies.
2. To Identify the type of investors who are willing to participate in funding a project during and after the incubation period.
3. To analyze the geographical distribution of the incubators and to examine their contribution to local economic development.
4. To examine the viability of the Israeli Technological Incubator program as a vehicle for the development of the high-tech industry and as a paradigm for European countries, particularly Italy.
* Level of importance=% of incubators reporting the specific factor as being important or detrimental.
Distribution of Project Initiators, by Sex
Project Initiators, by Level of Educational
Project Initiators, by Previous Place of Work Financial Source
Between metropolitan & intermediate region rs= 0.790, sig.=0.000
Between metropolitan & peripheral region rs= 0.615, sig.=0.011
Between peripheral & intermediate region rs= 0.713, sig.=0.00
The highest share of venture capital in a project’s average budget in metropolitan regions (11.2%), and the lowest is in peripheral regions (3.1%), can be associated with the degree of risk to the investment in each region
Between metropolitan & intermediate region rs= 0.636, sig.=0.005
Between metropolitan & peripheral region rs= 0.665, sig.=0.003
Between peripheral & intermediate region rs= 0.880, sig.=0.000
Lowest score were given to connection with suppliers, available suitable space and access to imputes.
Comparison of Incubator Managers and Project Initiators Support, by LocationFactors and Barriers to and Support of an Incubator’s Operation