Fitness play important roles in our lives. Our online forums & fitness experts’ advice on weight loss, diet tips and workout plans to achieve your fitness goals.
10 Fit Tips for the Holidays
1. Plan Ahead: Jot down in your planner or a calendar the actual times you are going to workout, and consider it a non-negotiable "scheduled" appointment. If you consider your workout part of your daily schedule.
4. Circuit Train: When you make it to the gym (for your scheduled workout~see tip #1), make every minute count. Have a personal trainer or friend help you create an intense circuit training routine that will keep you moving the entire time, instead of standing around between sets. Circuit training consists of several exercises that can be done right after another. Not only will you get a great total body workout, but all the moving around will get your heart rate up and you'll end up getting a great cardio workout as well.
5. Multi-Muscle Exercises: Along the same lines as circuit training, multi-muscle exercises are a great way to cut your workout time in half. It's easy: simply perform two exercises at once instead of one at a time. An example would be a forward lunge coupled with a bicep curl; or do a squat with an overhead press.
6. Workout on Your Lunch Break: Most of us can eat our lunch in about 10-20 minutes, leaving you with about 40-50 minutes of spare time for a nice lunchtime trip to the gym or brisk walk. Having active breaks during the day will help boost your metabolism, clear your mind and relieve stress, all making you more productive during the day.
7. Take the Stairs: All the little things we do throughout the day really do add up, each step at a time: so take the stairs! You'll burn those extra calories, just getting to your destination each day.
8. Intensify Your Daily Duties: Your daily duties, such as house cleaning, gardening or shoveling snow can really add to your daily calorie burn! Mow the lawn (without the ride-on mower), or water the flowers yourself without using a sprinkler. Doing laundry can count as exercise, too. Try to think of ways to make your housework a little more intense. Instead of bending over to throw a load of laundry in, perform a squat on your way down and up. While you are waiting for the water to boil for dinner, perform a couple sets of push-ups and lunges. These simple changes will help to improve your health and, by strengthening your core muscles, will make everyday movements seem that much easier.
9. Walk/Ride to Work: There are several health benefits connected to walking, everything from heart health and strong bones to increased circulation and flexibility. You'll save money on gas, do your part in helping the environment, and find your commute is probably shorter by avoiding traffic.
10. Keep a Food Journal: It's no secret that nutrition is one of the key ingredients to a super workout; try keeping a food journal and write down everything you consume during the day to gain insight into how much you're eating and what you're eating habits are. By identifying key factors and trigger points in your diet, you will get to know your body better and be more prepared for when a craving hits and how to deal with it.
These tips are easy enough to make your holidays happy, healthy and bright!
Follow us on
Click to know more on Fitness Experts: