The Nervous System. “The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body. This means that only left handed people are in their right mind.”. Central Nervous System. Made up of brain and spinal cord Acts as body’s control center, coordinates body’s activities
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
“The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body. This means that only left handed people are in their right mind.”
Fetal Pig Nervous System
Beware of a traffic jam
This is an image of neurons located in the cerebral cortex of a hamster.
Three main sections shoulder . . .
Controls memory, intelligence, muscles
Controls balance, posture and coordination
Controls involuntary activities such as breathingThe Brain
1. The Central Nervous System consists of what two parts?
2. What does the Central Nervous System help coordinate?
3. The Peripheral Nervous System consists of what?
4. What is the difference between the somatic and autonomic nervous systems?
5. Draw a neuron and label the axon, dendrite and cell body.
6. Describe what roles the dendrites and axons play in a neuron’s transmission of impulses.
7. What are the three types of neurons?
8. What is the sequence of events when someone taps you on the shoulder? (5 steps)
9. What does the cerebrum enable us to do?
10. Compare and contrast the roles of the cerebellum and brain stem.