Chapter 8 Technology of information system. TQM of information systems Presented By: Praveen.G.Acharya. What does TQM means ?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
TQM of information systems
In general, Total Quality Management means that the organization’s culture is defined by and supports the constant attainment of customer satisfaction through an integrated system of tools, techniques and training. This involves the continous improvement of organizational processes, resulting in high quality products and services.
TOTAL – Made up of whole.
QUALITY – Degree of excellence a product/service provides.
MANAGEMENT- Act/art. (manner of handling, controlling, directing, etc…)
So, TQM is an art of managing the whole to achieve excellence.
- requirement analysis,
- defining the scope and the problems,
- modelling and prototyping,
- finalising the software requirement specifications,
- configuring the hardware software platforms.
- detect errors in the functionality and its logic,
- confirm that the software meets the basic system objectives,
- confirm that it meets the predefined standard in all the areas,
- confirm that uniform application of methods and technologies.
- detect errors at the data level,
- ensure the execution of known functionality,
- ensure internal working of the software,
- ensure the execution on conditions and subsequent actions,
- confirm the integration process.
- ensure that the change does not alter the original assured quality,
- confirm that no bugs are introduced in the software,
- ensure that proper documentation is made as changes introduced.
- establish knowledge and know how on reviews, audits, changes, testing for future reference and use in bug fixing.