Lab Safety. Write the words in white. 1. Goggles- Should always be worn when using chemicals . They will protect your eyes from splatters or spills.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Write the words in white.
1. Goggles-Should always be worn when usingchemicals. They willprotect your eyes from splatters or spills.
2. No Eating or Drinking-You run the risk of ingesting (eating/drinking) poisons. Also make sure you wash hands when you finish doing a lab.
3. Chemical Contact:Be very careful if your teacher warns you. If a dangerous chemical touches your skin clean it off FAST!!!
4. Smelling Chemicals:Never smell the chemicals directly. Waftingis moving the smell of the chemical from the container to your nose. It is safer because the scent it is not as strong.
5. Dispose Lab Materials Correctly:Make sure you understand what to do with all of your supplies and howchemicals should be cleaned up after an experiment.
6. No Horseplay/ Goofing Around:Horseplay cancause spills, fires, broken containers, damaged equipment, and injuries to lab partners.
7. Fire Safety:Be careful around any open flames. Watch hair, clothing, papers, and other lab materials. Locate the fire blanketand remember to stop, drop, and roll.
• Read all labels twice before removing a chemical from the container.
• Never touch, taste, or smell a chemical unless instructed by the teacher.
• Transfer chemicals carefully!
This symbol appears when substances used could stain or burn clothing. Extreme caution should be taken.
This symbol appears when poisonous substances are used.