Chapter 4: The Central Nervous System Part 2 – Studies of the cognitive processes of the brain . Unit 3 – Area of Study 1 Mind, brain and body Pages 132-176. Study Design Content.
Unit 3 – Area of Study 1
Mind, brain and body
• contribution of studies to the investigation of cognitive processes of the brain and implications for the understanding of consciousness including:
– studies of aphasia including Broca’s aphasia and Wernicke’s aphasia
– spatial neglect caused by stroke or brain injury
– split-brain studies including the work of Roger Sperry and Michael Gazzaniga
– perceptual anomalies including motion after-effect, change blindness, synaesthesia