Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Space-time Invariance and Quantum Gravity
By Dr. Harold Williams
of Montgomery College Planetarium
Title slideTitle slide
2. World Lines t for time
x for distance
3. Space-time At least one space dimension not shown
4. World lines, sheets, and volumes of particles, strings, and branes We know we live in a universe with at least 3 space dimensions that we have some freedom in.
Maybe more elaborate structures exist, but we do not as yet perceive them.
5. Special Relativity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity
“Nothing but Relativity” by Palash B. Pal shows that only Galilean and Einstein Relativity are even possible with the “Principle of Relativity”
“Principle of Relativity” = “Physical laws appear the same to any inertial observer.”
6. There is a Fastest Speed What ever that fastest speed is nothing can move faster than fastest. c is the fastest speed. Experimentally this, c, is the speed of light, electromagnetic radiation, in a vacuum.