Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be sold or licensed nor shared on other sites. SlideServe reserves the right to change this policy at anytime. While downloading, If for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Space-time Invariance and Quantum Gravity
By Dr. Harold Williams
of Montgomery College Planetarium
Title slideTitle slide
2. World Lines t for time
x for distance
3. Space-time At least one space dimension not shown
4. World lines, sheets, and volumesof particles, strings, and branes We know we live in a universe with at least 3 space dimensions that we have some freedom in.
Maybe more elaborate structures exist, but we do not as yet perceive them.
5. Special Relativity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_relativity
?Nothing but Relativity? by Palash B. Pal shows that only Galilean and Einstein Relativity are even possible with the ?Principle of Relativity?
?Principle of Relativity? = ?Physical laws appear the same to any inertial observer.?
6. There is a Fastest Speed What ever that fastest speed is nothing can move faster than fastest. c is the fastest speed. Experimentally this, c, is the speed of light, electromagnetic radiation, in a vacuum.